Many people invest extensively to look good, whether buying expensive jewelry, clothes, or shoes. Others turn to cosmetic techniques that improve the look of their teeth. Probably you are well-acquainted with or have come across teeth grillz or fronts.
Teeth grillz are an incredible choice for many people who wish to improve their beauty and appearance. They are a piece of cosmetic jewelry designed to be worn on human teeth. The common types of teeth grillz are sterling silver and gold grillz.
These teeth jewelry are designed in a way that they snap or stick over the teeth. They can also be removable, but some people opt for permanent types of grillz. Silver grillz are a top consideration by many jewelry enthusiasts, and you can spot them being sold everywhere.
They come in different designs, and you should get one that satisfies your needs. However, in your hunt for the best sterling silver fronts, go for designs that are 100% lead and nickel-free.
Benefits of wearing silver grillz
- Improved smile and appearance: Your mouth appearance will not look the same after investing in silver grillz. The reason being, they are shiny and attractive when someone looks at them. Grillz also eliminates the awkward mouth appearance you may have always loathed, and the clear finish will increase your dental beauty.
- They help protect your teeth: Hard foods and wear from surgery can cause damage to teeth, but you can wear silver grillz for complete protection. You add a cover on the top of your teeth enamel and protect the teeth from cracking and any sensitivity.
- Get rid of bad breath: Food is usually left on teeth, gum, enamel, and tongue, causing bacteria that contribute to bad breath. However, it’s hard to completely get rid of food residuals if your teeth are fractured or have holes. When you wear grillz all these residuals will be left on them.
If you occasionally wear your silver grillz, you should be careful about how you brush and floss to avert any potential problems. To get the most out of your silver grillz, clean them after every use. Unfortunately, cleaning silver grillz is an issue that hinders many people from investing in this mouth jewelry.
Cleaning Silver Grillz Stress-Free
Cleaning silver grillz will keep their shiny look and extend their shelf life. If you have worn grillz for many years, you may find it easy to clean them after every use. However, it can be a confusing and a daunting task if you do it for the first time and don’t know where to start.
Silver fronts require special care to keep them clean and polished to their reflective and high luminous gloss. Your silver grillz can quickly develop stains, tarnish, or scratches, and it’s intimidating to clean them because they are delicate. If you are determined and eager to know how to clean silver grillz, this shouldn’t be a daunting task.
There are steps to follow ad keep your grillz looking new and keep them shiny. Have a look:
Make a Salt Bath
A saltwater solution works perfectly in cleaning your silver fronts. Here are the steps to follow.
- Start by pouring two cups of hot water into a bowl and ensure it covers your grillz. This method is incredible and works as a gentle cleanser that removes stains or tarnishes without grazing the silver grillz.
- Add one tablespoon of salt into the hot water and ensure it dissolves completely. Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil and put them in the bowl. The combination will react to the stain on your silver grillz surface and leave a shiny surface. If you don’t have enough salt, you can use baking soda as it has properties that will facilitate the same reaction and clean the grillz.
- Put the silver grillz into the solution and allow it to sit down there for five minutes. Feel free to stir it and see if the tarnish will disappear. And when you see the sliver’s shine has been restored, remove your grillz.
- Rinse and dry the silver grillz. Run the jewelry under cold water to rinse off the salt or baking soda. Now you can dry the grillz using a soft and clean cloth. A microfiber towel can also work miracles. If you see any stains, ensure to repeat the process until your silver grillz are clean.
Deep Cleaning Silver Grillz
You can also decide to deep clean your silver grillz, and the process is relatively easy. Have a look:
- Buy a silver jewelry polish if you find salt, baking soda, or aluminum bath solutions not helping get rid of the tarnish. There is a specially formulated silver jewelry polish for your silver grillz. Make sure you get the polish from a reputed jewelry store.
- Rub the silver grillz with a bit of polish using a soft silver-polishing cloth gently. Avoid the idea of rubbing in circles as such a method leaves scratches on your jewelry.
- Rinse and dry the silver grillz using cool running water. Clean off all the polish residue and dry it using a soft and clean cloth.
Consider Using Available Household Products
If you are still not sure how to clean silver grillz, use standard household products. These products include toothpaste and baking soda. Go for a toothpaste with unique whitening properties and use a soft, moist cloth to rub it on the jewelry. Here is how to use it:
- Rub the toothpaste gently on the silver grillz in backward and forward motions.
- When you feel you have cleaned every part of the grillz, rinse the toothpaste off using a clean cloth with warm water.
- Dry the grillz with a soft towel.
Maintaining Your Silver Grillz
To keep your silver grillz in good condition, you should clean them after every use. It would be more rewarding if you also stored your grillz correctly. Always ensure the silver grillz are dry before storing them.
You can invest in unique bags for storing silver jewelry that help prevent them from tarnishing or getting stained. If you don’t have these unique bags, you can wrap the grillz with a piece of acid-free tissue paper. Ensure the grillz don’t get into contact with stainless steel, paint, or rubber.
To Sum Up
Cleaning your silver grillz shouldn’t be a daunting task if you know where to start. Saltwater, baking soda, toothpaste or silver polish, and warm water can help remove the tarnish in your silver jewelry. Don’t rush the cleaning process, especially if you have to rub the jewelry. Just do it gently. It’s recommendable to clean your silver grillz after every use and store them when completely dry in a secure place.