Managing and maintaining your paver is essential. Moreover, outdoor pavers are crucial elements to oil spills, rain, and sunrays. The use of several products to clean pavers is okay, and vinegar is one of the best. Furthermore, vinegar is a deep cleaning add detergent to your paver areas.
Are you eager to be equipped on “how to clean pavers with vinegar?” to make them look spotless clean to attract the eye. Below are seven key steps to follow and answer the question:
7 Key steps to clean pavers with vinegar
1. Collect the needed tools and equipment
To make your pavers clean, ensure you gather all the necessary tools to be used. You can have with you the below list of items;
- Protective gloves: They are essential for protection. Use them in case you come into contact with any mold which can be harmful to your skin. Ensure you have a dust mask before starting up to clean your paver
- Bristle brush: It facilitates in clearing off debris that might grow in between the pavers. Kindly do not use a wire bristle brush since they might scratch the pavers; A brush room can also work well.
- Paver cleaners or dish soap: They are used together with soap solution to sprinkle the pavers for cleaning. You can use vinegar and water solutions and apply them to the paver cleaners. The results will be great.
- Pressure Washer: You can use it as a professional, a qualified company, or an organization. In addition, it considers as the best way to make your paver look fresh. Of course, you also need to apply vinegar when cleaning.
- White vinegar: Kindly do not use wine vinegar or balsamic since they will make your paver have stains. A mixture of white vinegar and water gives a superb cleaning mixture solution.
- Spray bottle: It will facilitate sprinkling vinegar and water solution. It is essential, and use it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Sprinkle vinegar solution in grubby areas
Make a solution mixture of 50/50 vinegar and water. You can use a garden sprayer to easily and quickly spray vinegar on broader and larger areas. Focus on concentrated areas where dirt accumulates and fill vinegar in the bottler. Sprinkle more vinegar in the gaps between every single block. On the cracks, you will note that more dirt might have built up. Ensure you do this very carefully to focus on every area of your paver.
Besides, it is a safe and natural way to focus on all areas of the brick pavers. Vinegar and water solution add more upkeep in making your paver spotlessly clean. When preparing, ensure you mix them properly to enable having a good working solution. Once you finalize, why not proceed to the next step.
3. Take a 15 minutes break.
You can have a watch timer for this. Having a break enables the vinegar to break down more on the concentrated dirt areas. Use a string around the paver area so that people will appreciate that cleaning is ongoing. You can also put it on a signboard. In addition, before using water and soap, ensure you scrub off the stains.
The vinegar solution will kill any bacteria, fungi, or germs from the surface after some time. You can opt to use household vinegar to apply to the mold without using a water mixture. Furthermore, it will also give you effective results.
4. Sprinkle water and soap in the paver area
Use soap and water solution. Have in possession outdoor scrub brush and immerse in the solution. In addition, focus on scrubbing outdoor pavers and do one work at ease. Water the pavers with a garden hose. Ensure you put water on the dish soap and use the paver cleaner to spread water on the surface.
5. Clean any stain and dirt
Scrub on the dirty areas on the pavers exhaustively. Concentrate well on sites with immersed dirt. Focus on the spaces in between every block. Use an electric scrub brush to save time and make work much more manageable. If you don’t have this type of brush, why not use a bristle brush. It will give you similar positive results and leave you paver spotless clean, and shiny.
A pressure washer also helps in cleaning your paver. Furthermore, it serves in kicking out any accumulated stain or dirt in between the paver stones. Scrub off any engrained dirt which might have penetrated on the paver. By this, you will note that your paver is beginning to appear shiny and clean.
6. Redo the process if need be
Having followed the process and you note there are still some left stains. You have no option but to restart the cleaning once more. Besides, if you are new to cleaning, it will help you acquire more paver cleaning tips. It will be more much more manageable.
Redoing the process may be tiring and discouraging. Still, it will make you focus on all the steps and check if you have missed any stage, especially for professionals who have to maintain their image.
7. Seal the surface
Ensure you seal the paver surface to finish off the cleaning. In addition, it protects your paver and maintains its longevity and appearance. A paver sealer will hinder moss, mildew, and weed from growing in between the paver joints. Ensure you do it after having rinsed off your paver with clean water. Consider sealing as part of enabling an effective end process on” how to clean pavers with vinegar.”
A brick sealer offers UV protection to your paver and retains its natural beauty. Besides, apply a coat protective sealer to make them look new and protect them from any damage, such as water damage. If not sealed, they will absorb water which might weaken its structure.
Nothing is more exciting than having a clean paver. Not only is it clean, but it also looks ultra-clean for your folks and friends. Your paver need not be subject to any smelly, entire soil atmosphere and awful look. Besides, there is a need to learn carefully “how to clean pavers with vinegar” as the best option.