Brighton jewelry pieces are fabulous jewelry pieces to wear. Because of their beautiful and wide range of designs, it is no surprise why they are a famous jewelry brand among customers. In addition, since they are double coated with lacquer, they are not prone to easy tarnishing at all.
Still, they might lose their shine as they become dull from frequent usage. More importantly, even if they are created with a unique formula that prevents them from quickly tarnishing, they will still tarnish over time. Still, this does not mean these pieces can no longer be restored to their shining glory.
With that being said, here are helpful guides on how to clean Brighton jewelry. Furthermore, this guide also includes some valuable information that can help maintain these exquisite jewelry pieces. Here they are below.
A Step-by-Step Guide on Cleaning Brighton Jewelry with a Soft Cotton Cloth and Water
There are plenty of reasons why Brighton jewelry tarnishes and loses its luster. These reasons include the jewelry’s exposure to dirt, oil, lotion, and other substances that contribute to their eventual staining or tarnishing. However, the Brighton Jewelry website itself does not recommend applying any chemical, silver, or jewelry cleaners on their products.
For that matter, one of the most straightforward means one can do to remove tarnishes and dirt on their Brighten jewelry is by softly rubbing them with a soft cotton cloth and water. Here is how it is done below.
- Step 1: First, grab a soft cotton cloth for the jewelry.
- Step 2: Next, damp the cotton cloth with water, ensuring to remove excess water by squeezing the towel.
- Step 3: Carefully rub the Brighton jewelry with a lightly wet towel. Excessive force on the rubbing can lead to destroying the lacquered exterior.
- Step 4: Keep on rubbing the jewelry until all stains are removed. Finally, make sure to remove excess moisture by wiping the jewelry with a dry towel.
A Helpful Guide on Cleaning Brighton Jewelry with Liquid Soap and Water
It should be noted that not all stains can be easily removed on Brighton jewelry. For that matter, here is another guide on how to clean Brighton jewelry using water and mild liquid soap. Alternatively, one can also use baby shampoo since they are well-known for their mild properties. Therefore, they are perfect for mildly but effectively cleaning jewelry.
- Step 1: First, fill up the sink or any basin with warm water.
- Step 2: Next, get the mild liquid soap or baby shampoo and mix it with the water.
- Step 3: The next step is to submerge the jewelry articles onto the water and soap mixture. Leave them for a few minutes to eliminate the oils, dirt, and other stains.
- Step 4: Remove the Brighton jewelry from the soapy water and gently wipe them with a soft towel.
- Step 5: If the jewelry has lots of tiny areas that cannot be easily wiped, grab a soft-bristled toothbrush and start brushing through those areas.
- Step 6: Thoroughly wash the jewelry with running water after removing all the stains.
- Step 7: Finally, pat them dry with a dry cloth, ensuring no moisture is left before adequately storing them.
How to Remove Stains on Brighton Jewelry Using Baking Soda
There are other methods that can definitely bring the shine back to Brighton jewelry. This includes a helpful baking soda mixture to remove its heavy tarnish stains. For this method, one will need water, baking soda, aluminum foil, and a bowl. Here are the steps one can follow to do this cleaning method:
- Step 1: Find a decent-sized bowl that can fit all the Brighton jewelry pieces for soaking.
- Step 2: Wrap the inside of the bowl with aluminum foil. Make sure that the lustrous part of it is facing upwards.
- Step 3: After wrapping the bowl with the aluminum foil, fill it with hot water.
- Step 4: After filling the bowl with hot water, add around one to two teaspoons of baking soda. Make sure to mix the baking soda thoroughly into the water.
- Step 5: Once the baking soda is fully incorporated into the water, place the stained Brighton jewelry into the baking soda mixture for up to five minutes.
- Step 6: After five minutes, remove the jewelry pieces from the baking soda mixture with a pair of tongs and wash them with running water.
- Step 7: Lastly, softly rub the Brighton jewelry pieces with a dry cloth.
Tips to Consider When Taking Care of Brighton Jewelry Pieces
Although one can simply follow the helpful washing guides above when cleaning Brighton jewelry, it is still beneficial to avoid doing things that will quickly tarnish and wear them out. For that matter, here are some helpful tips to consider when maintaining these pieces of jewelry below.
1. Clean the stains on your Brighton jewelry right away
It is highly recommended to clean present stains on these jewelry pieces right away. Besides, the longer they stay, the harder they will be to remove. Considering that, it is best to remove these stains as soon as possible, even if they appear to be small in size.
2. Make sure to store them appropriately
Appropriately storing Brighton jewelry will also prevent it from staining. After all, exposure to air pollutants also significantly contributes to the oxidation of Brighton jewelry, causing them to lose its shine. For that matter, it is ideal to find an excellent jewelry box that will keep them away from these impurities found in the air.
3. Always keep them dry
Although Brighton jewelry is resistant to water, more prolonged exposure to liquids can cause it to stain easily. To prevent contact with these substances, it is best to apply lotions, perfume, and other liquid substances first before wearing Brighton jewelry. Be sure to remove them as well when stepping into the shower, pool, or any bodies of water. In addition, if they accidentally get into contact with these liquids, wipe them away from the jewelry immediately.
This wraps up the guide on how to clean Brighton jewelry. Overall, cleaning Brighton jewelry is not a difficult task, mainly since the cleaning guides include materials typically available in a household. Furthermore, by following the maintenance tips given in this article, one can ensure that their beloved Brighton jewelry will not easily stain and can last for a long time.